An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Taxi..taxi..gimme a ride!

25 cents to the first person who names my reference above!

Howdy folks! Happy sunday! Today I find myself getting ready. I'm heading out with the missus and the baby and going to my mother's house. She's planning a sunday feast consisting of "pozole" and "albondigas" (for me, cuz I don't like pozole). I didn't ask her to cater for me, but she insisted. She loves to cook and I love to eat so I wasn't one to stop her from doing so. Yummm
What's on my mind? Well something that is prominent every night when I work late and going home while walking to my bus stop. Everytime i'm out, a zillion cabs stop right in front of me! I dunno, maybe I look like I either have money or going a long way, but everytime I'm on the street, cabs stop and basically fight one another for me, even though I never flag one down!


If I was black none of those cabs would stop for me. Cab drivers are afraid to go to the ghettos, u know cuz "black people only live in the ghetto". Would blacks want to trade places with me? I can't even cross the street without a cab getting in front of me asking if I need a cab. It annoys me most of the time when they get in my way. Lord forbid should I ever need one, they're not around.

4 Comments:

mmmm. . albondigas! That looks really good right about now! Yeah, i agree with you on the cab thing!

cabs fight for anyone in Lincoln Park, even the black people. it's not like you are white anyways :)=

That food looks gross. You should go to Taco Bell instead.

That's not true..I've seen black women standing on the corner trying to flag cabs down..whereas me, I don't even flag them and they stop for me. so meh!

Gee u make it sound like I'm ghetto trash from 26th street..:P Mulatta

hmmm...you could pass for middle eastern I suppose, maybe the cab drivers think they are picking up one of their peeps! lol

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense