An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Friday, January 27, 2006

Lucia Mendez

Last night was Lucia Mendez's Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCIA!

Let's all sing in celebration of Mexico's bombshell...
"who wants to buy....who wants to buy...my apples tonight?!"

That was an homage to a trashy song she "sang" on her 1982 movie "La Ilegal". hehehe. Actually, there's a really slutty ENGLISH song on her pop debut album called "Don't tell my mama". I LOVE IT!!! Let's sing that..

"Don't tell my mama cuz she'll be upset! Don't tell my mama cuz she'll be afraid! How could she ever understand the way we live, the way we are"


In 2005, Thanks to a fantastic online friend in Chihuahua, Mexico...I was exposed to this "diva". The lady can't really sing that well but man did she have some catchy and kooky music. Not to mention how INCREDIBLY SEXY Lucia Mendez was! Just look at her!


She was a bombshell back in her day. She maintained success as "The Queen of Telenovelas" in the 70's and most of the 80's, battling it out on screen with her "rival" Veronica Castro, who was nowhere near as sexy. Then, after recording a series of Mexican ranchera albums, she finally released a pop album in 1981, produced by Camilo Sesto! And the rest is history..the world was embraced by Lucia Mendez's style...sometimes classy and sometimes trashy. Vocally she's somewhere between Madonna and LaToya Jackson..but her music speaks for itself. Who doesn't enjoy her trashy fun songs like "Enamorada" or even "Castigame". What about "Margarita" and "Tormenta De Verano" Or her theme to her 1987 soap opera "El Extraño Retorno De Diana Salazar"?

"Es un alma en pena que va arrastrando cadenas! Que condena! Es un grito de amor! oh uh oh!"



Look at this picture from 1985. The intro to her telenovela "Tú o nadie". Kylie Minogue would later rip her off on her "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" video.


My favorite of her albums though, from the 80's which I flipped over in 2005 when I heard it, is "Enamorada". I managed to track them all down. Lucia Mendez albums are so hard to find! But I love this one in particular.

This album was released in 1983, produced by Honorio Herrero (who also worked with Luis Miguel at this time). It's a trashtastic masterpiece! I even like the ballads! All 2 of them! Lucia or her producers took advantage of her vocal weakness and moulded these songs to fit her and not expose her "debilidad vocal". This album has such gems as "Corazon de fresa" (her first in her trilogy of "Corazon" songs), the aforementioned "Margarita" and the title track. It also has a good ballad which is never on her Greatest Hits CD's titled "Cobarde (Lastima)". Perfection.

Oh Lucia, how hot she once was. Too bad she has not made due with time. Where is she now? What's she doing? nada. Too busy getting surgery I guess. She looks scary now. She got a face lift, her nose done and lips. She does not look the same at all. She looks like a transexual. Jus just look



Pobrecita. See this is why I admire DANIELA ROMO so much. She is not afraid of her age and embraces it. She looks her age and is lovely like that. I'd much rather see wrinkles than the picture above. That's just gross.




4 Comments:

I use to like her so much when i was just a child, haha, like four years old..really weird...It was all about Lucia and Camilo, the "Enamorada" cover remembers me of another beautiful woman...http://gia-carangi.com/

the golden d

lucía was sooooo hot!! too bad she looks like a washed up trannie now.

Comadre!!... Lucia was my idol for years and years. I remember my admiration going back to the "Vanessa" and "Colorina" days. Who can forget when she reached her telenovela peak with "Tu o nadie". I even have the "castigame" LP!. But hey, maybe you can find out what ever happened to her brother, Abraham or what about that urban legend about her nose operation being all fucked-up because, according to the surgeon, she had her septum drestroyed by all the cocaine she snorted..
One more thing. Yes, she's scary now, but keep in mind Daniela doesn't care about age for one big reason: she's a dyke!

RDDP

Hence why she hasn't changed her hairdo either, Daniela that is. Once dykes find a look they stick with it.

Abraham STILL manages Lucia Mendez, but what's news to me is the nosejob rumours! Wow, do u believe it? She seems so alleluyah, and I think her face and body would have deteriorated and she would be really skinny, u know like Paulina Rubio, Sasha and all other coke addicts. Quien sabe.

U wouldn't happen to have Abraham Mendez's record, would u? I've been looking for it. He released it in 1982 or 1983. I'm curious. He was such an unabashed moocher of her success. That's still evident as he manages her. Manages what exactly, who knows...because Lucia's been a lazy woman since the 90's. She's unemployed.

If u need any Lucia Mendez albums, let me know..I have all of them.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense