An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, January 09, 2006

Uptight 10 year old

Hey ho.


Been a while since I've reported myself on here. Hope life is moving along and dragging you along happily with it.

So I hear that the season finale of "South Park" upset Catholics so much that they decided to pull the episode from rotation. "Bloody Mary", the name of the episode, featured a statue of the virgin Mary that bleeds out of her ass. Never in their 8 years on the air have they ever done this, and this is a show that offends EVERYONE. I find it puzzling that Comedy Central caved in, but whatever. This isn't also the first time they've taken a shot at the Catholic church, let's remember the "priest sex scandal" episode where cardinals from around the globe meet to solve their problem: "How do we get the children to keep quiet about child molestation?"

Now that I'm on a "South Park" tangent...2005 has been the year where I got reacquainted with this gem of a television program. I remember watching it when it premiered in 1997 and loved it..then I stopped watchinmg around 1999 or so, when I almost entirely stopped watching TV. Were it not for late night syndicated reruns of the show this year on Channel 26, I would have not been familiar with "South Park". This show's so fucking funny, I can't believe I stopped watching it! I love crude and intelligent humour. It reminds me of how "The Simpsons" used to be.

Seeing all these reruns has made me fall in love with the character "Butters"
.
He is always the ploy of the other children and is so lovingly naive. He's so adorable and such a dork. He has great lines sometimes, really cheeky innocent but really truthful. Actually....I have said this, but he reminds me of another TV character.."Crystal" from "Roseanne", another TV show I used to watch as a kid and loved. I wonder if "Butters" is based on her? They oth even talk the same! They have a cute country bumpkin accent.

Other than TV...hehehe..nothing else is going on. My man's birthday is Wednesday and I'm planning to give him "a little home cooking". Life's dwindling down for now, before reoccuring once more. January's always like that. Oh, that reminds me of that poem I wrote when I was 10..first one I ever did. I remember that it was an assignment to write a poem in 5th grade, and ever since then, the floodgates in my mind were burst open and I never stopped writing.

"Best present you ever got
from your Holy father God
Life is precious, full of joy
Something that you must enjoy
Someday you'll be grown, you'll die
So enjoy your precious life
".

I can't believe this silly poem got me an A and in turn inspired me to keep writing. Other poems that I wrote during that time.

"When we walk the playground, the children is that merry sound
We then might have had no fears and cried alot of tears
We ran and ran and played kick the can
We played on swings, Wow! we felt like kings!
But then we grew but we always knew
That this time in life we'll always keep in mind
"

Hahaha...11 years old and sounding like an old bitty reflecting on life. God I had so many issues back then, it's a miracle I turned out fine. Opening up the door to my childhood is enough to talk about forever..so I'll just end it here. I shall entertain you some more in the near future. In the mean time, peace out! Love to one another

1 Comments:

Your childhood poems are adorable! As for the South Park episode getting banned...sucks! It was hilarious to see. Thanks to you I am now addicted to this show :)

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense