An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Underlying prejudices

I find it funny how "straight" people always shine light to their prejudiced mind on homosesuals. I can't say that I blame them, the whole world's been feeding poison to people that everyone who is different is bad. No matter how hard we try to convince ourselves, how many of us judge others who "act" differently, those who we call losers and weirdoes and shit?

Anywho, with "straights" I find it interesting how whenever they talk about a "gay" person or couple they ALWAYS HAVE TO ADD "he's a really nice guy/person". U know, because Gay guys are not nice, they're sexual predators with no soul. They still find it extraordinary and unnatural to be gay that they have to justify their existance by adding that little validating comment. The same when they supposedly defend gay people and add "I have gay friends". If it's really not a big deal you wouldn't go out of your way to point out whenever you speak of them that they are gay. We're in the 50's again...only now it's gay as to before it was black and "interracial couples". 50 years from now, what will be the new prejudiced mentality? Fat people? People who drink? Canadians? The cycle of life always finds something to segregate as unordinary.

That being said, I try my best not to act the same way and think things as "straight", which is ANOTHER problem among gays. It's the exact prejudiced mindset. It's amazing, both parties think themselves different. Gay people separate heteros and the heteros separate gays. We have created a dogma of what it means to "act or be" gay/hetero and one another goes out of their way to label everything. We're destined to make good progress this way, by thinking that each other's sexualities fuels our personalities as different.

5 Comments:

I have some straight friends... they are very nice people.

U mean you're gay?? I never would have imagined.....;-)

I have gay friends that know nothing about dance music, but they are very nice people.

By the way, I just read that a girl that I used to work with got a small acting gig in ALBORADA, her name is Veronica Bastos, we use to make fun of her all time because of her extreme nasal voice, but I guess her nasal voice got her a great job hosting a show on Televisa and now in a couple of novelas. Here's her interview
http://www.nacion.com/viva/2006/enero/21/espectaculos16.html

nacion.com/viva/2006/enero/21/espectaculos16.html

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense