An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Avoiding a trip to doggie heaven

Howdy folks.

As I was walking to my bustop after work on Clark Ave, I noticed that there was a crowd of people and some cars stopped in mid traffic. It turns out that there was a loose dog running around. The owner and lots of others were trying to catch him. My heart immediately dropped, I was so scared for the dog. I didn't want to see him crushed by a car! So I got closer and tried my best to call him to me. It was a small Beagle-esque dog, possibly a mixbreed. The dog seemed scared and didn't want to go near anyone. I managed to lure him to me by crouching down on the pavement and calling him. He ran to me, and I pet his head and said "it's ok baby, it's ok". After I calmed him down, as he seemed very shaky, I picked him up. Some people were clamoring me, and her trixie owner, who was visibly hysterical, thanked me very much as I handed him to her. I told her not to put him down.

How could you NOT have your dog on a leash?!?!?!?!?!?! Especially on such a busy street like Clark?! This is a pic of Clark and Fullerton, approximiately where this happened

It's amazing how some people don't think. Even if your dog is trained, something can spook your dog and make him jet for protection. I've seen it happen. I'm so glad the poor wuff wuff is OK and (hopefully) his owner has learnt a lesson. I don't know what I would do if something were to happen to my Chus. My baby boo boo bum bum baby Chussy fruit.

5 Comments:

i am so proud of u for saving the baby :) i hope that woman learned her lesson to never let her dog off the leash. that's what leashes are for. to protect them

how did you find that picture?

the dog should have been run over, teach the lady a leasson!!!

i mean what?! ;)

I would be devastated if one of my weenies got smashed. :-)

Yes, Lin has adorale doggies. What I should have done is NOT given the dog back, that would have taught her a lesson.

And I found the pic on google. I just typed in "Clark and Fullerton" and it came up :). Notice how old it is, there's a nutrition store where the Bank of America is now and the GAP used to be.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense