An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Friday, December 30, 2005

My favorite songs of 2005 and annoying albums..

Howdy folks.

Though it was a slow year, this one did have some kooky and fun songs. Some are very big surprises from people that get on my nerves. So here they are.

My favorites of 2005..in no particular order

RiHanna - Pon De Replay

Fantasia - Free Yourself

Shakira - La Tortura

Mariah Carey - It's Like That

Santana & Michelle Branch - I'm Feeling You

Gwen Stefani - Cool

Destiny's Child - Cater 2 U

PussyCat Dolls - Don't Cha (mostly the remixes)

Britney Spears - And Then We Kiss

Dannii Minogue - Perfection

Amerie - 1 Thing

Ari Borovoy - Booming (*salivates*)

Mary J. Blige - Be Without You

Avenue D - Do I Look Like A Slut?

Kylie Minogue - I Believe In You



Slow year, but who would have thunk that I would like a Destiny's Child and Britney song? I can't stand Beyonce yet for whatever reason I loved "Cater 2 U". And as for Britney, she really surprised me with such a good and adult song "And Then We Kiss". Apparently it was a leftover from her last album and was one of the songs that the Metro produced for her. She should have done a whole album like that!


There have been some CD's to be released this year that just irk the shit out of me. Mostly I have been exposed by third parties but still, I have to hear them from people or at work. And they are

#1. MADONNA - CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

I don't think an album has annoyed me so much like this one this year. Her "dance album" was such a contrived effort to BE fun...but ended up sounding so fucking boring. She took all the life of songs that could have been good. Just take a listen to "Get Together" or even "Jump". Her voice is missing such spunk, it's too bad that songs that speak of having fun are read by a woman who seemingly has lost her sense of it. So dull.

#2 KANYE WEST - LATE REGISTRATION

Kanye West's first album was fun and upbeat, and at times was silly with a small sense of seriousness. On this sophmore effort, smoke has blown up his ass so far up that he has suffered his sense of direction and Kanye wastes too much disc space bitching about his personal issues and people's opinions about himself. He's the new Eminem, only not as exciting. And I nominate Kanye as most annoying celebrity of the year. His interviews are so ludicrous, he REALLY thinks way too much of himself. He's not a genius, he didn't invent the art of sampling 70's soul u know..

#3. AMERIE - TOUCH


This album got annoying fast. With the exception of "1 Thing" and the title track, everything else on this CD gets monotonous after a while and u start wondering if the last song ended and the new one commenced.

#4. COMMON - BE


Kanye took all of Common's creativity from previous efforts and smothered him with his overlayered and PLAYED OUT SOUND! Poor Common, I have such a crush on him too. But this CD is soooo fucking annoying.

#5. KELLY CLARKSON - BREAKAWAY


Everything about this CD is shit. From the AWFUL cover picture to the content. Kelly Clarkson went from being a wannabe Mariah to a wannabe Avril. Good for her on being successful, but this CD is still sounding like karaoke crap just like every American Idol (minus Fantasia). Every song on this CD sounds the same, and she tried WAY too hard to be serious. Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan make better impesonations of rock chicks than Kelly ClitFace. KElly should go Country and release an album. The only song she's sounded decent on ever was "Low", and that's because it sounded like a Country ballad.

#6. M.I.A. - Arular

When I first hear her with "Galang", I thought it was kind of kooky and fun. Then all the fucking Music media started to overhype her...THEN everyone and their mamma was buying this CD because "it got good reviews" and everything got out of hand. This CD is a total piece of electroreggae shit...Her Indian mumojumbo gibberrish with her phoney annoying reggae beats are 2 steps away from being REGGAETON. The only song I thought was really fun and to this day is the only song on this CD i'll dance to is "10 Dollar". Otherwise, this CD is a total piece of shit and it's so fucking annoying! Can anyone even understand what the fuck she's saying? I didn't even realize she was rapping in English until someone mentioned it

2 Comments:

I completely agree with you on the awful cover for Kelly's latest CD. When i saw that i was like, WTF? i mean, shit. . she's got money! Pay someone to do your hair! how hard can it be!

I lost interest in M.I.A. after i met her. She was high ugly and stupid. And her concert was too short and the drunk ass gringas there pissed me off.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense