An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The obligatory "Simpsons Movie" thread

Alright, let me just get it out of the way...



It was GREAT!!!! I loved it, I really did. It wasn't anything mould-breaking or revolutionary for the series but it certainly was a great 87 minute episode. For those interested in seeing it I won't spoil any details but I really liked it.


The real stars of this movie were the Simpsons and not guest stars or wacky situations outside of Springfield like the show pretty much has gone to in the last 10 years. I think this movie restored my faith in the Simpsons and the comedy style revolved the family's quirks, random humour and gags. But on that note, I was also looking forward to seeing some of my favourite non-family characters get some shining time. I mean there were moments but they didn't have key roles to the plot. But nonetheless it proved the Simpsons themselves are the real stars of the show and why it's been on the air for almost 20 years.

:D I'm excited. And I'm sure a sequel is inevitable.

And in the spirit of the moment..

SPANISH WORD FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Today's word is "ASOMBRADO"
And it means "astonished, amazed"


"Me quede asombrado al salir del cine!" = "I remained astonished as I left the movie theater!"

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense