An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

True Colours Tour

So yesterday was Chicago's pit stop for the Cyndi Lauper headlined TRUE COLORS TOUR




It's a benefit concert for gays and all the proceeds go to fight for gay rights or something.

I would have gone had I had more money and more time to do so. But we're moving and can't really spend anything. I don't have expendible income right now, it's all hand to mouth. But what makes me so sad about this tour is that she sang "Hole In My Heart", " When You Were Mine" and "Goonies". :( I would have loved to have seen that. "Hole In My Heart" was a fun song from her floptastic movie "Vibes" of 1988.


Oh well, maybe next time.


However, I'll give a shoutout to my friend James who loves Cyndi Lauper 100x more than I do so you can imagine how interesting the obsession can be. :) He's awesome though and he managed to make the trip from Ohio to come see her here in Chicago so I did get something out of this True Colours shit. We met years ago at another Cyndi event 5 years ago and have kept touch ever since. It was nice hanging out with you! It was hella fun! Next time I'll be a lady :D

Toodles!

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense