An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The dark side of being too nice all the time

You know, there's people who have such an affable personality that always seem to shine and smile all the time. I'm sure like every human person, these people have their bad days and once they're not smiling, people think something's wrong. So the bad side of being nice all the time is that apparently you're not allowed to have bad days. So it sucks being nice all the time.








......to those who know me personally, you're probably laughing by now right? well TO HELL WITH YA! :) OK, the reason why I'm writing this is because I actually suffer from the opposite aura. People think I'm MEAN! I really don't get it. Perhaps it's the fact that when I first meet people and/or learning new tasks, I never smile. I'm not exactly sure why because believe me, I'm not cold or have no sense of humour. I just seem to give off this aura of bitchiness which I can honestly say is not entirely true. What person isn't happy and friendly yet at the same time has some inner bitch in them that comes out when needed?

So the problem with me is..days when I actually FEEL like smiling..people act like something is wrong with me! It's funny even people who I don't even normally talk to on an every day basis, say co-workers or even a neighbor, make comments when you smile at them. "You're in a good mood today". "Wow, you seem happy for a change!". HOW RUDE! I can be happy and not smile you know! I don't need to prance around like Julie Andrews to be a happy guy!

Lol. But the funniest aspect of all this, I've been told by a few people who I have met at social gatherings, "You're so much nicer when you're drunk". LOL!!!! That alone made my mood much better. It's so funny. I don't think there is anything wrong with my personality. I've always thought of myself as approachable and reasonable. I never lose my temper over stupid things and as a matter of fact it takes a lot for me to panic about something. Generally I'm patient and calculative so I don't ever find a need for hostility, Yet people seem to think I am mean. Oh well.

So I guess the dark side of not being overtly and obviously nice is not being allowed to feel happy and smile once in a while.

1 Comments:

I have the opposite problem. I'm always nice to everyone so when I'm not little miss sunshine everybody's hounding me as to what's wrong. So we're screwed either way.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense