An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Geezers in Freezers

I swear this past week my mind has been racing with different topics that I felt passionate about that I wanted to elaborate on this blog....but everytime I finally got to sitting down, my mind would turn blank. I guess I missed the train of discussion. Don't worry, I'll get more inspiration, the pussy may be dry but it still works :D



So to start things, I'd like to say I am super geeked for tommorrow...THE SIMPSON MOVIE FINALLY PREMIERES!!


I honestly was NOT excited at all about this movie, I have known about it since 2 years ago. The show has been on a perpetual slope and has flattlined in quality this decade. That's how long its been on the air for that I have to refer to it as this decade hee hee hee. So it's not like I was expecting anything extraordinary to make me get excited. I mean it's not like the Simpsons have been off the air for me to miss them. BUT...I saw the previews of it earlier this year and it was amazed at how really funny it seemed! It reminded me of the Simpsons in their glory days where their humour was random, unexpected but clean and just made you laugh. Like a modern Tex Avery cartoon (y'all know how much I love him). So tomorrow I will finally get to see it! yay!

I was a dork and went to the ONLY 7-11 turned "Kwik-E Mart" which is in the south side. My brother and I went a couple weeks back. It was awesome in a humungous dork way. Here I am with "Frostillicus". You Simpsons geeks will know what I'm talking about it.




So yes kiddies, I promise more to come! Thank you for reading. Toodles!

SPANISH WORD FOOD FOR THOUGHT


Today's word is "ACCIONISTA"
And it means "Shareholder/stockholder".

"Mi padre fue accionista de la empresa Pepsi-Cola = My father was a shareholder of Pepsi-Cola corporation"




Sidenote: In case you don't know...the Spanish word for "stock (as in a company" is "acciones" which literally means actions. So to have stock in a company in Spanish, you would say "tengo acciones en esta empresa".

4 Comments:

Interesting Spanish word of the day. It doesn't sound anything like the English form of it!

The Simpsons is to you what Harry Potter is to me.

:-)

its a toss up between which one i want to see this weekend... i know who killed me, or the simpson movie.

let me know how this one turns out so i can make an informed decision

Thank you for your kind words. And yes I do shave off my eyebrows and sharpie them in on the weekends.

You look fucking stoned in that picture! LOL Were you at the Kwik-E Mart because you had the munchies after all that mary jane? LOL

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense