An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Running with the devil...

So it finally cooled off today! My god I was dying from all this heat? Can't summer keep it under 70 degrees?!?! Ugh. I got around to going for a nice long run today...running from where I live to the next mile and then running back. It felt great!! So I celebrated with a glass of zinfandel and a cigarrette. :)

I used to run alot more often, but since I've moved 3 times in 3 years it gets hard to find a nice route to run to. And certain parts of my neighborhood are rather iffy so I try to avoid em. And the other thing is that I run at night as I hate the sun and moreso during summer. Ugh...


I decided to implement a new topic for my blog. It's called "SPANISH WORD FOR FOOD FOR THOUGHT". Since I make it my mission to help anyone learning Spanish or my fellow Latinoes better their grammar and vocabulary, I will now insert a word that's common and may not be used on an every day basis...so now you will have registered to how to say it in Spanish :) You may or may not know it or may not know in what context it belongs, but hopefully you can learn something from me :)


Today's word is:
"CURRICULO".

And it means "Resumé".

"Envié mi curriculo a recursos humanos" = I sent my resumé to Human Resources"

:)

Toodles my children! Til next time stay tuned

3 Comments:

I've only ever used/seen "currículum" for resume/CV. Thanks.

Sexbox, it is indeed curriculum but in Spanish grammar it is often treated with the suffix "o".

And according to a definition of the word "curriculum"

"El plural de currículum se mantiene invariable1. Cuando se hace referencia al conjunto de asignaturas o materias que comprenden una carrera o estudio se prefiere la forma currículo."

Yay! I get to work on my espanish. I feel you on the heat, it was 102 up here the other day.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense