An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Gift receipts

Howdy


So tell me folks, has anyone or any of you ever questioned the whole notion of "gift receipts". Sure you don't want people to know how much you payed for it, but the thing with returning or exchanging the gift you bought them at a store...they're going to need to know how much you payed for it so they know what price range they should look for. Isn't that gratuitous then to go out of your way and get a gift receipt? They're still going to find out how much you payed for somethung. You might as well hold on to the receipt and return your gift for them or tell them to re-gift your item.

I never have done that, and in fact, when I get something I already have, I either give it to someone else (like I did for ALOT of my Xmas presents, hahaha) or sell it on eBay, though I have rarely done the latter. Besides, what difference does it make how much you payed for a gift? Isn't it "the thought that counts"? Just give them the real receipt so they know what else they can buy with their shit. THAT or give them a gift certificate. I for one appreciate any effort made to acknowledge me with a gift...whether the gift being a hug and kiss or a DVD player. I really do appreciate everything.

As a kid I never really got presents or had parties, so my upbringing has made me unexpecting of such items or festivities. So anything that someone does for me is appreciated deeply.

1 Comments:

I hate it when you are buying something for yourself and the blonde 17 year old bimbo gives you a gift receipt after she saw you trying the shit on. Helloooooo...

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense