An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, December 26, 2005

Mixed folks and daddies

Happy boxing day!

I was one of the unfortunate folks who had to work today, that's what I get oh well. My day was a usual one and nothing exciting on my end. Thank you for reading my post.

I am entertaining myself as I wait for dinner to be ready, and I found this really interesting website Mixed Folks.com. In a way it's rather insensitive, for the fact that they're single-ing out every person's ethnicity when alot of "mixed" folks don't like being probed like that, but it's also interesting to know people's ethnic backgrounds in the entertainment industry. I never knew Rob Schneider was Asian! Take a look at this sitr sometime, it's really fascinating. But what's weird is that they didn't include Vanessa Williams, I thought she was part black? Wasn't she the first "black" Miss America in 1984? Whatever she is, she's gorgeous


Speaking on the subject of ethnicity, I must comment on this issue that I'm sure has been prominent for years now but being that I'm young and have yet to live a lifetime to gather up enough wisdom to fathom life, I never realized before. Why is it that Old gay white men hook up with Young Asian boys? I see that EVERYWHERE, at bars, restaurants, all the time. You'll see a white guy who looks old enough to be someone's grandfather with a young Asian that looks as if he were 12. It's disgusting! It has nothing to do with the racial matter, as that incredible void of age difference is revolting with people of any background. But I've noticed that it happens, (at least it's more obvious) much more to young Asians. Who's benefiting here, the Old guy with a young guy...or is this a financial thing? Could the young Asians be after Old white men for money? It's naive of me to assume so, but I can't help but assume as my explanation is the only immediate plausible one when encountering these individuals.

I've come upon people like this, when a Grandpappy looking guy is together with a MUCH younger guy, I immediately think "God I hope he's his uncle or father", but then get apalled when I see them making "intimate gestures and body contact" to one another. Eeeeeeeew! Don't these guys think "Man, I was 30 when this guy was a newborn!". It's bullshit that "love has no age" and that it can happen...to a certain extent AGE DOES MATTER and there's no getting around the differences that make life possible. What "common interest" could you have with the other person? You've both lived different times and both don't have the appreciation of your "upbringing" of one another. The only way I could see a considerable age difference in a relationship as functional is if one of the parties is benefiting as a dependent of the other person. I can't see it as two people who genuinely feel a connection and hook up on "just clicking".

Thanks for reading my rambling :) Peace out

3 Comments:

Wow, 24 years of listening reggae music in the Caribbean and I never knew Bob Marley's dad was white!

Didn't you ever hear of the "father figure syndrome"? Not that it always happens (it sure didn't happen to me!) but men/women who didn't have a prominent male figure in their childhood and/or relied heavily on a male figure in their childhood quite often look for those fatherly characteristics in their partners.

you must be white you sound like an air headed ignorant white bitch people like you make me sick to my fucking stomach and why do you have to be an honorary "spanish diva" why cant you just be a dull white whore, do you hate your self that much??? the site mixed folks is for mixed folks to help them not feel so alone and incourage them inall areas of their lives and help them to feel that their ethnicity should not limit them, you must be white because this is something you could never comprehend. still to be a dull white hoe and mind your fucking business and leave us mixed folks alone!!!!

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense