An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, December 19, 2005

Bareback Sex

Heya.


It's been hella busy these past few days, been working non-stop at retail and just managing. For the most part it's not so bad, but I fucking hate recorded music-impaired idiots who don't take the time to properly look around the store to find the new Mariah Carey, Kanye West, Coldplay, U2, Madonna, Rolling Stones or whatever else people who don't like music buy these days in an attempt to fit in with the rest of the world by thinking "if I buy this CD, I'm cool because it's selling really well". Whatever. People are lame. I'm sure movie geeks feel the same way about me, who does not know a thing or two about "popular" movies at all. That's another thing about Tower, they make more $$ off of DVD's, and there's TONS of losers who buy movies all the time there. And alot of the times people come to me asking me "Can u tell me if you carry *insert popular movie here*"..and all IMMEDIATELY freak out when I ask "is that a band or an album name?". Hello, it's a fucking record store I work at, not a Blockbuster. I think I know less about cinema (well non foreign at least) than I do about dance music...take that sexbox!

Other than that, nothing else is going on with me. This past weekend I got to see a few people because my man and I hosted our first "get together" at our apartment. It was lovely. I also got to see the most overtly hyped movie of the year (especially in the Gay fishbowl that pervades us), "Brokeback Mountain", or more commonly misnamed as "Bareback Mountain". Man, I have not laughed at a movie in so long. And I'm sure it was not the intention of the film! This film had as much emotional core as a daytime soap and tried so hard to be powerful, but failed. This was more of a stigma breaker for Middle America. Why would I be surprised that 2 men in the woods who have not made human contact with no one but each other for 2 months decide to have sex? Jake Gyllenhal was hot in this film, grrr. I don't even like him! Heath Ledger on the other hand was awful! His idea of acting was nothing more than a REALLY bad Redneck impersonation. He never opened his mouth when he talked! I doubt we ever saw his teeth.


I'm glad I saw this movie with Jorge, who also couldn't keep his mouth shut during this movie. I'm an awful movie goer, hence why I hardly ever go see a movie, even on DVD. I have massive ADD and get bored almost instantly. Unless it's an Almodovar film or a cheesy horror movie. Oh well. "Brokeback" entertained me, nonetheless. It was worth to see it, even though this story was aiming at seriousness. I think "The Fluffer" had more of an emotional backbone than this movie.

3 Comments:

oh dear, "The Fluffer" had more emotion? lol Well, at least you laughed. Laughter is good for the soul. Surprisingly, gay movies just are not my thing. I can only think of three that I have ever enjoyed. Give me a horror film with lots of blood!

As for the comment about people buying music just to be cool, sweetie, people buy this "popular" shit because that's what they are constantly exposed to. Not everyone is a music geek like you and me hanging out on sayhey! Stop being so judgemental!

Speaking of, how was that "gay" Horror film? It looked lame. I'm surprised gay guys found the idea of gay men being killed a movie going experience...I would have thought the gay mafia (GLAAD) would have put up a huge fight in thinking "gay men being killed is not entertaining! Boycott!"

oh it was lame, but campy! anyhoo the guys were cute so who cares :)=

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense