An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Big Boi from Outkast & Amanda Miguel ... wow!

Who would have thought!

So today I was working (at Tower), doing my thing, and in the background I could hear that they were playing some sort of hip hop CD. I'm just working and in the background listening. I CAN appreciate hip hop when it has substance behind it. Anyway, continuing...I'm working and then all of a sudden, the song that was playing triggered a thought. I started hearing an Amanda Miguel song when listening to it. I thought, "Maybe it's a coincidence?". So then attentively listening more to the song, I REALLY thought it was Amanda Miguel. The song I was thinking that it sounded like was "Siempre Te Amaré" , from Amanda Miguel's 1980 debut album "El Sonido". I then walked over to the main registers where they have the CD's they play in the store and saw that what they were playing was this..



Big Boi Presents... Got Purp? Vol. 2 [Explicit Lyrics]
1. Intro
2. Dungeon Family Dedication - (with Killer Mike)
3. Kryptonite - (with Purple Ribbon All Stars)
4. Body Rock - (with Shawty Dem/Killer Mike)
5. Me, My Baby & My Cadillac - (with Sleepy Brown)
6. Shit Ya Drawls - (with Konkrete)
7. U Got Me - (with Scar)
8. Clairmont Lounge - (with Bubba Sparxxx/Cool Breeze/Pastor Troy)
9. Time Will Reveal - (with Janelle Monae)
10. Lovin This - (with Konkrete)
11. What Is This - (with Scar/Ceelo)
12. 808 - (with Big Gee/Gee Rock)
13. Lettin Go - (with Janelle Monae)
14. Aye Yo - (with Killer Mike/Bubba Sparxxx/Black Owned C-Bone)
15. Underwater Love - (with Sleepy Brown)
16. 808 - (with Big Boi/Big Gee/Gee Rock)
17. Fonzsworth
18. What Is This - (with Scar/Ceelo)
19. Sh** Ya Drawers - (with Konkrete)
20. Lettin Go - (with Janelle Monae)
21. Konkrete
22. Lovin This - (with Konkrete)
23. Outro - (with Purple Ribbon All Stars)
24. Untitled - (hidden track)
25. Untitled - (hidden track)
26. Untitled - (hidden track)
27. Untitled - (hidden track)


I looked at the track that was playing and saw that it was Track 22. I opened the CD booklet and looked at the song credits, just to see if the song did sample something and SURE ENOUGH, THEY SAMPLED THE AMANDA MIGUEL SONG I WAS THINKING ABOUT!

The rapper who sampled it was Konkrete (or is it spelled Koncrete? Online it's spelled both ways) , whoever that is. Apparently he's affiliated with Big Boi , who is 1/2 of the Grammy winning duo Outkast. Holy shit! I was floored. I can't believe that he actually knew this song! I really didn't think that this was the song, or that at least if it was used that he would credit it. It's amazing, Big Boi must really be into different kinds of music in order for him to be aware of Amanda Miguel, even it it's only this one song he knows. I wonder how this all came to be. If anyone knows anything, comments are appreciated in this section. I'm curious to know how this Konkrete guy, who raps on the track, knows about Amanda Miguel. I wonder if a friend got him into the song or what. It's a really interesting sample though if you hear it. The music blends in perfectly with the extra beats and his rapping.

Kudos to you Big Boi and Konkrete. And kudos to the legendary Amanda Miguel, I'm sure she'll get royalties from this sample! Yay!

2 Comments:

I miss chatting with you puta!!

Awww..I do too sweetie! But "nandito ako"...I'm here! Where u been?

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense