An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, August 27, 2007

The new "Halloween".

Warning: Contains spoilers (even though you should all know the story). Plot details are discussed. Be warned.


And by new I mean a retelling of the original movie, not a sequel.



Robb Zombiie must have gone crazy and remade the original. I can't blame him, it wasn't his idea he was just asked to direct. I saw this movie today and I must say....it was really an unneccessary remake.


You should all know the plot but they beefed it up, LOTS AND LOTS OF GORE AND VIOLENCE, and little more touchups. The movie is split into 2 halves...the first is entirely Michael's childhood, something completely different from the original. They tried to clarify his motives and actions more but still left one confused as it all just seemed more playground for gore.

The second half is his adulthood. The only thing I did find appealing is how they managed to somehow make it seem that Michael's behavior was triggered and not just "an incarnation of evil" as the original was. They also tried to connect Michael's actions to Laurie, his sister (played by Jamie Lee Curtis in the original). I think they tried to execute some sort of sick love, possibly satanic for Laurie but it all was vague and seemed forced when presented in such a bed of violent deaths. However I think to rethink the whole movie they should have done better on the 2nd half instead of just making him into a bloodthirsty killer.

However, I was excited to see Danielle Harris in a Halloween movie again :). She's held a special place in my heart since Halloween 4 as little" Jamie". She plays Annie Brackett. She actually was the victim with the least amount of gore, she got off easy.


Anywho, I wasn't expecting greatness and I found the idea sacriligeous to begin with. But I am a horror fanatic and LOVE the "Halloween" franchise so I decided to give it a shot. We live, we learn.

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense