An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Inspiration

Howdy y'all


Sorry for not writing to you guys. Been kinda catatonic all week, unsure why. Maybe the weight of the world is getting to me for some reason. My "I don't give a fuck" personality must be taking a vacation...:(

What's new? Nothing other than the usual "work & buying CD's". Hee hee. Speaking of, I tracked down a first edition CD with lyrics of Daniela Romo's 2nd (EMI) album "Amor Prohibido"


I'm so excited! I can't wait to get it. See folks, back in 1993, none of these albums were in print. And at that time Daniela Romo was still a huge pop star and had signed a record deal with Melody/Fonovisa (Now owned by Univision) records. So EMI released ALL OF DANIELA'S ALBUMS on CD in 1993 under their "decada" series. These albums are INCREDIBLY HARD TO FIND..and I happen to have almost all of the original ones, at least from the 80's. I have her (EMI) debut "Daniela Romo", "Mujer De Todos, Mujer De Nadie" and "Gitana". The only album I'm missing, in any edition, is her 3rd (EMI) album which is probably no easier to find than a cure for AIDS. "Dueña De Mi Corazón" is so frikkin hard to find, I don't understand why EMI just doesn't re-release all of these albums. They should check on eBay and those stupid collectors who charge 69.99 for a damn CD that is still in print in Mexico for 99 pesos (rougly 8.73) and see how much $$ they're losing.

I was cleaning around and came across this little piece of paper where I wrote something in Spanish. It's kinda cute, let me share..

Mi amor, decidete a quererme
O de una vez rechazarme
Que harto estoy ya de vivir
La vida como si fuese una carrera
Mi deber debe ser una gran felicidad
Y no estar añorando de nuevo libertad
Dime por favor si yo tengo que ver
Los fracasos ingenuos de tu gran ser
Te digo de nuevo que soy y seré
Un ave que siempre se niega a caer
Jamas me daré por entero a tu plan
De vivir por razones que vienen y van
De una vez liberate de esa indecision
Y seguiré como antes con la misma pasion


It's probably really bad but whatever, I don't even remember whenn I wrote this. I wrote it on a back of a flyer at work..hahaha.

Peace out y'all. And don't forget, the new "telenovela" starring Daniela Romo, Lucero and Fernando Colunga AND Valentino Lanus (grrrrrrr!) starts this monday!!

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense