An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Friday, November 11, 2005

Better late than never

So sorry for not writing in a week..it's been crazy for me. Anywho, I have still yet to tell you about the AMANDA MIGUEL concert! I was, of course, FUCKING AWESOME! I mean it took them 2 hours to finally hit the stage, which annoyed the shit out of me. But it was worth it. AMANDA opened up the concert with "El Me Mintio" which got the crowd all worked up. She is so cool, she walked around at the stage, with this semi-cockey look as if saying "I know I'm the shit, worship me!". So cute. Afterwards she followed with her very cool and sexual song "Piedra de afilar", the title track from the album of the same name. I was my usual self at the concert, crazy and loud. And a few times during the concert, Amanda went squarely to my area of the stage and sang to me..which I thought was awesome. The show continued in it's weird zig-zag with Diego Verdaguer. She would sing 4 songs or so, then he would come out, and after his songs, she would come back..etc. The housewives went crazy over Diego. He was all working them and was playful. He is a bad singer, but he definitely entertains. Let's go back to Amanda now, shall we? She sang most of her hits, but she did NOT sing 2 of my favorites...the new-wavey and almost Sioxsie-esque "Donde Brilla El Sol" and her upbeat and hella fun "Cosquillas En El Pecho". Now that I think of it, she didn't sing "Las Pequeñas Cosas" either...hmmm. But the show was still awesome. EVERYONE went crazy when she busted out "El Gato Y Yo".


So the show went well, but alas, after the show there was a meet and greet! I was very surprised. So for 20.00 you could meet her and get an autograph and get a polaroid with their camera. I didn't really know what to make out of it. The security guards kept pushing everyone to hurry up. Bastards. But I gave Amanda a kiss on the cheek, said she looked great and that I had alot of fun. She's so funny...see at the "Concessions" or whatever that place is called ina concert where they sell merchandise, they had her X-mas album which she released in 2004 independently titled "Feliz Navidad A Toda La Humanidad". I bought it and then had Amanda sign it. So she asks me..."Este disco en donde lo compraste?" so I said where and she said "Ah...y compraste mi último disco??" Heheheheh..so I said "of course! bought it the day of! Didn't you see me singing to all your songs?". She giggles and says "Y cuales canciones te gustaron?". I said "Ooh i LOOOVE "Se Paró" and "Es un loco amor". So she said she's happy and thanked me..but as this was going on the security guards were rushing me to move...so I quickly asked them about ANA VICTORIA, her lovely daughter. Diego Verdaguer, who produced her album, explained the whole thing that Arista Records (the label she was signed to by L.A. Reid) went under and her album was lost, but that in 2006 they'll release the album on EMI. YAY!! You all have to hear her. Her album is a great pop album. It's full of ballads but it's definitely not boring. It's an interesting mixture of classic style ballads, Santana-esque guitar productions and also a singe of electronic beats. Not overtly but quite subtle. Not to mention that Ana Victoria inheritoed quite a lovely voice for herself! She's got this smooth voice. She's obviously not going to sound like her mother, that's quite a huge shadow she casts! She doesn't have her fierceness or vocal power, but Ana Victoria still holds up. She's definitely a better singer than her daddy though, hehehe. Poor Diego. Here's our pic!


So that's all that's been going on. Been busy with work and other shit. I have a weird schedule so alot of times I can't really do much of anything. I will definitely make an effort to write at least every other day. I'm gonna keep this shit going for all of you. Thanks for reading and be back soon!

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense