An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Polish sensations.

Last night, bored...I was watching "Polvision" on Channel 48 here in Chicago. This bitch can't afford cable so I resort to regular television. So watching some video show...2 acts caught my ears..

The first was for campy reasons..Maryla Rodowicz. This video was for a cover of the song from "Desperado", the film starring Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek. U know the song, "Morena de mi corazon". So I was intrigued. Little did I know that Maryla Rodowicz is a living legend in Polish and has been around since the 70's and still going strong. She did this song in a campy pop way, I'll have to upload it for y'all



The second thing that caught my ears was the band Kombii. I was intrigued by the music. It sounded like a mixture of college rock and 80's New wave synth. They actually reminded me of Moenia, but not as obviously derivative of Depeche Mode as they are. The lead singer's voice sounds rough like that guy Everlast of "House of Pain" fame. So I downloaded a few tracks on Limewire and I really liked what I heard! I especially had an immediate liking to the song "Wspanialy Swiat. God knows what that means but I liked this song alot..



Happy thanksgiving for y'all! I have to work tomorrow but it's OK..double time for me which will be very helpful for the Xmas shopping I'm going to have to do. Ciao!

2 Comments:

Moenia aren't a derivative of Depeche Mode bitch! Moenia's been doing the kind of music Depeche Mode fans wish Depeche Mode would have been doing the past 15 years, well, until now. This new album is very Moenia-ish.

As for the Polish lady, she looks VERY polish! lol Have you ever watched Channel 48 though on a Sunday morning? You would be in heaven. They play all of this hot Indian pop music. It's fucking fierce!

PS, remeber that Polish group "Zero" that Energy 92.7/5 used to play back in the day, "Bania U Cygana"? It was fierce!

I say "fierce" alot.....lol

Grrrr...Indians! I should tune in on a Sunday morning.

That takes me back to my adolescence. That's where my liking to Indians came from...I used to watch "Bharat Dharshan" on Channel 53 on cable here in Chicago. It was a channel that played tons of different ethnic programming..but Mon-Sat from 7-10PM it would play Indian programming. I used to watch all the Indian musicals..so funny. And secretely oogle the hairy Indian mens....*salivates*

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense