An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's Going To Work Out Fine

Howdy folks! Happy september!! May this heat fuck off for good!! (or the rest of the year at least)



So, my job's working out well! I'm already learning alot of interesting tidbits and remembering medications and their effects (on dogs at least). I'm sure this bounty of new information will help me in the longrun with my baby :)

The only thing with this job is that they don't really give you a proper break. I don't think it's in their nature. Apart from the vets and techs, there's only 2 receptionists on duty at all times and it can get surprisingly busy! I mean apart from appointment walk-ins there's a ton of phone calls, people coming in to buy prescription food, refilling medications, requesting stuff..etc. So I guess it's really tough to sneak in a break in there. I mean if I really get hungry and it dies down I can run out and buy something but even then it would only be for 10-15 minutes tops. I'm sure I'll learn to live. That's really the only downside of my job so far, I'm quite content :) And even though the hours right now aren't alot I am not about to even look for another job (which would be a second job, I like the idea of working for a vet) at this point. Not for a couple months at least. If I have to even look at Craigslist.org anytime soon I will go crazy!! (which is where I found this job, thank you Craig!)


So apart from that, I've been learning to relax and enjoy my downtime without feeling like I should be online e-mailing jobs. I've been playing video games and catching up on my old Roseanne DVD's :)

Also, I've been relistening to Ike & Tina Turner's material. Which brings me to the feeling that it's such a shame he was never appreciated for being the musical genius he is. I mean the man played with alot of genres that really weren't prominent in the R&B scene. He is also credited for releasing the very first Rock n Roll song in 1956 with "Rocket 88". Not to mention he was the one who moulded Tina Turner into the storm she is today, despite doing so with cruelty and brutality.

He's already in the Rock n Roll hall of fame but to most people outside of the Blues circuit he is simply the asshole that beat Tina. Such a shame. So in spirit of the post, I leave you with this posts title track.


Well folks, thanks for reading! Me luv u long time and I will post again later this week so keep posted!


SPANISH WORD FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Today's word is "ULTRAJE (ool TRAH heh)"
And it means "Outrage"


"Es un ultraje el hecho de no ser nominado!"="The fact of not being nominated is an outrage!"

2 Comments:

I was helping a friend move this past weekend and I noticed he had taken his kitty to your clinic! It's such a small world.

it is indeed a small world :) One of my old, I guess "supervisors" from one of my temp jobs this year brought his new puppy the other day! It was from my one 3 week assignment where I was a temp receptionist until they hired a "permanent" one. I even gave him a copy of my resume and saying "If you are satisfied with my work I can do this permanently". Which he didn't. Bastard. Bwaahaahaa. :)

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense