An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, April 02, 2007

Where's my cookie?

On saturday night, March 31, I got a phone call from a friend who I haven't hung out with for a while. She told me she had extra tickets to Belanova's concert at the Congress Theater that were going to go to waste. I'm not exactly a Belanova fan, casual admirer of their songs at best, but I decided to go to mainly see my friend.



My god, the show was awful! I've already seen their show before when they did a free concert at the Green Dolphin when they were promoting their USA debut CD "Dulce Beat". Their music is disco-ish pop songs and can be quite catchy and fun..yet their show was uninspired, repetitive and dull. The lead singer did the same tired dance movements for EVERY song and the show never picked up. And how many times do "electronic" acts have to cover "I Feel Love"? Donna Summer must be rolling in her riches with that song!

I remember asking my bf (who actually payed to see this show with his friends) why they were bothering to see them again as they were really dull. I guess now I deserve my cookie for being right eh?

I've affectionately renamed them Belaboring. Which is too bad. This is the case where an artist is much more better on record than live. I'll add them to my list right with Daniela Mercury, Tori Amos (shut up), Michelle Branch and Alejandra Guzman.

1 Comments:

oh myyyy. i wasn't going to say anything until i read the Tori thing. OMG YES!!! i'm such a bad bad lesbo. but when we went no manches my eyes were glazing over and when i was gone for a while i was actually just walking around the theater and drinking a pop hoping tht maybe 2 songs would pass per hour!! oh my talk about confession!!! i love you though!! thats what made the night awesome. hehehehe

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense