An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"Skinny" comments are ok..."Fat" comments, "how dare you!"

???

There are many things that people seem to be ok to tell people to not do. You can tell people "Don't drink, it's bad". You can even publicly scold someone for smoking and still somehow its acceptable. You can even ridicule someone about how "thin" they are..make comments like "my god! you're so skinny! eat something!". Yet say something about how "fat" someone is, and that is immediately taken as an insult and an immediate offense.

Why is it that we can tell people not to do certain things yet its offensive only when you comment on "fatness"? It's a double standard by all definition. One shouldn't cast judgement, even if for health reasons. And if you really want to talk about health reasons, I think obesity can kill you alot faster than smoking or drinking. Yet people can refuse to sell alcohol to an obvious drunk at a licquor store....can we stop a 300Lb person with 4 chins and an ass as big as Texas from buying that triple cheeseburger and jumbo fries? Why don't we refuse junk food to obesity ridden folks, it's "for their own good and health" isn't it?

Next time you see a fat person eating like this or wabbling down the street eating a king size snickers, donut, ice cream bar...etc...tell them to "put that down and stop! You're killing yourself!"


I for one, am all for it...and should this be deemed "innapropriate and rude ", then so should telling people not to smoke, not to drink..or to tell a skinny person to "eat something".

1 Comments:

I'm fat, I agree. My friends do tell me to put that shit down on the (now) rare occasion that I pick up something deep fried. You're right though,I do tell skinny bitches to eat something.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense