An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Friday, March 31, 2006

Lack of decency in modern parenting.

Hey guys,

I can't help but be disgusted sometimes when I see parents with their kids and see them not treating them as a person. Alot of the times, they'll talk to their kids as you would your pets "Shut up, stay here! Keep quiet! Don't go there!", and pull them each and every way. This is the time when they're building pieces of what will be their personality, if you don't treat them like a person they won't grow up thinking of themselves that way. Horrible. I think I talk to my doggie more as a person than most parents do to their kids. My dog listens to me, if he gets something stuck or he wants something, I tell him "you let it go there, you get it". And he does!

The other thing that disgusts me with parents is when they're with their kids, let's say at a store or buying ice cream or somewhere, or even worse, in the park...and they're talking away on their cell phones! That just irks my nerves. This is supposed to be "their time with the kids" and they treat them as something that doesn't deserve to be acknowledged. I tend to feel that parents who do this don't feel their children are a responsibility and a gift from god...but rather a burdenous commitment they feel they have to fulfill, like going to church or the dentist. These children are going to grow up thinking they're not important in their parents eyes and have a big dent in their self-esteem.

I feel bad for kids growing up with "modern parenting". Parents put their jobs, their friends, their own pleasure instead of their kids, and they feel they have to supposedly dedicate ONE DAY to their kids to do what "they" want...and when they do, they talk away on their phones and belittle their existance.

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense