An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, April 10, 2006

El Absentée

I'm so sorry guys for not writing..I've been caught up in shit. Thanks for keeping posted!

Well this week I've spent battling with my funds and paying crap. Damn end of the month. Anyway. Yesterday was my mother's birthday..."happy birthday mamá!". Mine is in 11 days, by the way...

I'm still trying to find an apartment...we have to leave here by July 1st. We're fed up of the mice, but also, I'm not sure if I discussed this, but we had been warned since the beginning of the year that our landlord's ex-wife's mother, who is 80something and has failing health, might need an apartment and they may want her to move in where we are at. That ended up occuring so we have to move too. We signed a 6 month lease anyway. Good luck to them. I had an evil thought though....wouldn't it be such a odd irony of us vacating the apartment and once we leave, the woman dies? Then they'd be left with no tenants. Yes, I'm evil and going to hell for "going there".

What else is new children....this thursday I may go see KEYSHIA COLE and GOAPELE at the House Of Blues! I'm on the guest list but the thing is the show starts at 11:30! That's kinda late, we'll see if I make it.



I'm excited..I really like Keyshia Cole's CD! See when she first came out about a year ago, there was a lot of hype since she was one of Kanye West's little protegés. I wasn't impressed when I downloaded her album on the internet..so I quickly erased it. Apparently lots of people weren't impressed either, her album was flopping and her first 2 singles "Never" and "I Changed My Mind" didn't do shit on the charts....but then, "I Should Have Cheated" came about. Wow, that song is just amazing! It's a very good song with strong attacking lyrics to an untrusting partner that we can all relate to, and her voice is great on it! This song made me double think getting her CD...the once her fantastic and biggest hit "Love" hit, I was convinced and got her album again. And it's really good! It's great modern RnB without that whole "Lil' Jon" keyboard generic production or Beyoncé's "no talent, let's oversing". As for Goapele...from what I heard, she's good...a tad "lilithy" if you know what I mean but still, she's good.

Wish me luck :)

1 Comments:

It's good to hear I'm not the only one that thinks Beyonce is lacking in the talent dept.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense