An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, April 03, 2006

Job interviews gone wild!



I had a job interview this past Friday for some Electrical Supplies company and they needed a bilingual rep to pretty much act as a translator for accounts they had in Mexico. I don't know what I was expecting or vice versa...but I had an interview scheduled. I thought "ok! I talked to this person on the phone and now they want an interview, let's do it!".

Turns out...I wasn't interviewing for a position but rather a 3rd party networking company and it just happened that the Electrical company was one of them. So I walk in there and there's lots of suits filling out shit and I come in there wearing casual khaki's and a knit sweater. Hmmm, I stood out immediately. I still wasn't sure what was going on so I fill out some forms and wait to talk to someone. And when I did..that's when I found out that it wasn't a job interview per sé but more of me coming in to be a part of their company..and would have to pay them if I got a job. I still thought I should hear it out so I interviewed with some lady, blah blah blah..you all know the standard questions..."how would you describe your skills in **" and "What are your best attributes and your weaknesses" or my favorite "Where do you see yourself in 5 years"...to which you have to reply "Working in a company that has room for advancement" or some shit like that.

So, then after all this was done, and after my dissapointment, they wanted me to take some sort of long test..but at this point it was almost time for me to go back home to get ready for work (I worked second shift that day)..so I told them "this is not for me" and left. I mean it wouldn't have been a problem, but if I was going to go through all this trouble I better get a job! It was just a big miscommunication. I'm not entirely desperate to get a new job, I'm simply checking out other options. If I was really determined and desperate to get any new job, I would have sat trhough to see what they had to offer me here...but I wasn't going to pay someone at this moment. And honestly, I'd still like to keep my current job, so if I get a new one I'd like to be able to work something out where I can work here part time or something.

Oh well...at least I get one more knotch in my totem pole of job interview experience. Hurrah!

1 Comments:

I still say you need to look for lab tech assistant jobs in a hospital. Pay is alot more than what you make now and comes with benefits. Go to www.hospitalsoup.com and check out all of the area hospitals' websites.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense