An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Friday, March 24, 2006

Casually running into certain people after a few years

"Like, oh my god! how you been! It's been years! You look good! So how's *insert name here*?"




You know those phoney conversations..hehe. But seriously..Last night at work, I was doing my thing and to the side of me, I notice that while I was on the phone (with a customer, not a personal call I swear), there was a guy standing next to me, and I'm thinking "what the fuck?!". So when I'm done I give him this look as if implying "yeeeeeeees...what do u want?". He then says "Is your name ..?" So I look at him, completely clueless as to who he was and said yes..Almost immediately after saying that though, I recognized him.

He was a guy I was "seeing" about 4 years ago, who curiously worked at another record store and is which where I met him. For respect of his privacy, I won't mention his name for if some freaksih reason he finds this blog. But yes, I saw seeing in quotation marks because it was a very very very weird situation. I would go into this record store and he'd always try to chat me up. I didn't mind, when someone is obviously trying to mack, I get flattered and am very nice as opposed to getting all "as if!". So after a few encounters, he made me a CD (how cute!) and asked me if I wanted to exchange phone numbers. I thought "oh boy..." but to be nice I did, I even gave him my real number! I wasn't expecting a call but he like called me within the next 2 days, really late now that I think of it on a Saturday night. So anywho....safe to say he "asked if I wanted to go out". At the time I was you know, out and exploring my male anatomies...and I thought "sure". So we supposedly wen't out like, twice maybe?

BUT...here's the weird thing....this guy never wanted to kiss me or hold my hand! As a matter of fact, we never kissed!!! THAT was what really weirded me out. I thought "Ok you obviously have other intentions with me...what's your problem?". Mind you this guy was like 4 years older than me, and I was like close to 20 at that time. When I asked him what was going on, he said "he was scared that I wouldn't like it". I told him "If i thought you were repulsive why would I even give you my number?". I mean the guy was a cute black dude. I could tell that this person had VERY personal issues..and this was WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH to divulge to someone like me...and to someone you're trying to mack! You deal with your personal issues with men on your own, don't expect random strangers you mack with to be patient. So it's safe to say I never saw him again.

So yes, last night he went up to me. I was like "Oooooh!" and I gave him a hug and had the standard greeting posted above, hahahaha. I was nice, wasn't I? The odd part is that this past Sunday, i ran into a guy I was seeing in 2001 too, but I pretended I didn't know him. Is this "run into old flings week"?? Hehehehe

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense