An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, March 06, 2006

El canto de las sirenas

Late at night, I was watching TV and I flipped over to "Telefutura", the Univision sister network. There was an infomercial playing for a TIME LIFE CD collection and I paused for a second because I recognized the voice. So I watched and realized, it's DANIELA ROMO! Holy shit! She along with Ignacio Mendez (master of Ranchera music) was selling and presenting this collection.



My diva is an infomercial queen! One more thing to her resumé. The collection itself is pretty cool! You'd think I picked it. It consists of 8 CD's full of the best Spanish female vocalists of all time, from Chabuca Granda to Litzy. Daniela herself wears 3 different outfits during the 30 minute run and at one point sings live!! God I love her, even if she's on an infomercial. I'd like to record this and keep it, so in the future I can see it again.

You know what's weird about this collection...they included 2 Massiel songs (thank god they did, otherwise I would have raised hell) and the songs they chose aren't even her big hits! Odd choices...instead of the obvious "Rosas En El Mar" and "Brindaremos Por El"....they chose 2 songs from her 80's material..the funky "Mala Hieba (Super Lover)" and the nice diva anthem "Corazón de hierro".

You can find out more about it on the website, including track lists.
http://www.timelifeespanol.com

2 Comments:

This is a nice collection!!.... if you're 50!... he, he.. no, just kidding, there's some good stuff in here. But, you have to give it to Time Life, bless their hearts, they even included one Veronica Castro song!!.. and, in the free double CD, theres a song by Alex Ibarra!! guess you can't complain since its a 'free' CD. If you get it, I'll borrow it.
Kudos to Daniela for doing infomercials!. We should come up with a list of our favorite late-night infomercials. There's some good s**t out there!
RDDP

Totally..will do. I'm thinking my "suegro" would like this collection as well. He has the musical taste of a 50something housewife too...but he's married..........

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense