An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Timbiriche!! Woh woh woh...Timbiriche!!

Ok, so first of all THANK YOU ALL FOR READING as I havent written a proper post all week. I appreciate the love.


But this post is about the concert I went to this weekend. TIMBIRICHE were in town (I think this is their first?) as they recently re-united for their 25th anniversary. All the original members minus Paulina Rubio (who swears she wanted to join but is preggos).


Omg...at first I thought it was just a desperate cash-in as all but the aforementioned Rubio no longer have careers..but this concert WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!! Everything from the set to the setlist was perfect..there was never a dull moment and I never sat down. AND I WAS IN THE FRONT ROW!!


You may have already read on my boo boo's blog about it and have seen the pictures, but at different parts, all but Alix ran right by us at the front row. Such a shame as Alix was my favourite member and had the best voice out of the original female singers. I managed to steal Mariana Garza (not my fave member but still) for a picture. Here it is




And one more thing I want to comment on. Diego Schoenin's bulge! It was giving a show of its own! He was wearing tight leather pants and his whole business was all out there! Check it out




Wow. It was alot of fun. Although I was born when this band debuted and when all the original members left I was still a youngun, I really enjoyed their music. This group may not have been the most talented of the 80's acts from which they emerged but something about them clicked with people. Why else would these so-called "has beens" manage to tour big venues and still click with people? Especially with the Mexican public as they tend to forget people easily and don't worship you unless TV and radio tell you to buy their albums. There was some magic about Timbiriche and this past Saturday I do believe I finally understood why. They are great performers together and deserve all the praise they get.


SPANISH WORD FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Today's word is "DÍCHA" (DEE Chah)
And it means "Elation, immense joy"

"Qué dicha tan enorme sentimos aquel dia!" = "Oh what elation that we felt on that day!"

2 Comments:

I was going to mention Diego's bulge too! LOL! Must explain his luck w/ all the ladies, Bibi, Thalía, etc. Now we know. LOL.

Hehehe It was a super concert!!! Thanks for your comment! and I wish I was there in the front too!!! :-( but still it was AWESOME!!!

Rolo

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense