An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, May 22, 2006

Qué precisamente es lo de qué no hay igual?

Hey folks


Sorry I've been absent for a while. Been working and running around doing shit. We're still packing and shit. Everything's been cool, I just had a thought...I requested the first week of june off, and I'm not sure if it was confirmed. Shit, I best be investigating cuz I'm moving and I need them days off!

I'm listening to Nelly Furtado's Spanish single "No Hay Igual". Why is her accent so much heavier on this song? In her other 2 Spanish songs, "Fotografia (with Juanes)" and "Powerless (Abre Tu Corazon)", her pronounciation is flawless.

In this new song she sounds like a gringa. Either way, the song is still fun, but I prefer "Promiscuous". Her album comes out in a month, can't wait! I love my Nelly, even if she's "ghetto Nelly" now.

Anyone here watch telenovelas? I'm in the middle of watching "Mariana De La Noche".

It's alright. I'm on disc 2 already. It reminds me alot of a mixture between "Te Sigo Amando" and "Cuna De Lobos", in terms of the whole....well I can't say because my boo boo still needs to watch it.

Speaking of, not sure if I ever talked about this one before...but I also saw "Amarte Es Mi Pecado" on DVD recently because my mother-in-law bought it for me in Mexico.

That novela was so trashy and FIERCE! I loved it! I'm not too big on Yadhira Carrillo, but she did good. But also, ALESSANDRA from Sentidos Opuestos got on my nerves on this telenovela and I hate her now after this. Though she wasn't a villain, she got on my nerves and was just a nasty bitch. You'll see. She should play bitchy villains because she's so annoying.

The side characters in this telenovela were a riot! Sylvia Pinal as her naca Stepmother with lipstick on her teeth in every scene was great as a villain.
The way she always whistled and shit.
.

Then there was Margarita Isabel, as the prestigious rich "Tía" that she ends up living with.
But the one who stole the cake was Tiare Scanda and her hilarious character "Casilda".

She was supposed to be the ugly one, but her little anecdotes and mannerisms are so funny. She was worth it. I reccommend this novela to anyone if they've never seen it. It is out on DVD in MExico by the way. In case you guys are curious as to what the story is about...Nora lives a modest life and wants to do everything right, including marrying her deadbeat boyfriend that she loves dearly much agaist the wishes of her bedridden father. Once he dies, her father makes her promise that she will only marry someone rich and her Stepmother and her go into the world on that conquest. But slowly we see that every man in her life has mistreated her and loses her faith in love so she decides to live her life in the way men have treated her, and only use them and discard them when she's through.

Well chirruns, I should get back to cleaning the house. Ta ta for now. peace!

1 Comments:

what ar eyou talking about, yadira carillo is SO hot! shes reason number 2 i watch Barrera de amor (reason 1: MATADORS!!!!!)

and allessandra was cute. :\ but tiare does teeal the show. hmm... me thinks trip down to mexico is in order!!!!!

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense