An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bibi Gaytán in Chicago

So this Friday, I was all geeked on my way to work because I was looking at "Hoy" (the free newspaper) and there was a big article on DANIELA ROMO and how she's selling that Time Life CD collection I mentioned earlier. I called my boo boo and told him to pick up a copy so he can read it. Later that day, I check my voicemail during work and get a message from him saying "go to page 34 and call me immediately!". I was like, what's wrong? In the back of my mind, I knew it was about someone being in town...and my first reaction was "*gasp* Daniela's coming!!*. I then turned to that page..and there was a big ad for "Festival Cinco De Mayo" at Douglas Park (in the ghetto west side in Little Village, where I grew up). They were having a mass for some virgin..and some of the celebrities attending that were EDUARDO CAPETILLO...and of course...BIBI GAYTÁN!

Joe, my boo boo, has obsessed for Bibi Gaytán for years, so I could understand how geeked he was and I was excited for him. I'm not saying I'm not a fan, I've liked Bibi for that brief time that she had a career before that monster of a husband took her away like a sexist pig and gave up her career for him. I swear she must have gotten "dickmatized". I was a big fan of "Dos Mujeres Un Camino" and "Alcanzar Una Estrella II". So we went over to Douglas Park today and attended the mass.

When we got there, everything was just starting, then she and Eduardo came out. First of all, about him....what a fucking nasty ass! He looks so gross! He looked like he hadn't shaved in a week, looked dirty...and he had a big gut! He didn't look like that on the telenovelas. He was nasty, Bibi could do so much better. Bibi, was gorgeous! I was in awe of her beauty. About the mass...the sun was burning and it was so hot outside, and we had to stand for that whole time. We managed to make our way to the back of the stage where everyone was coming and going through just in case she went by us. So after an hour and a half (!!), the mass was over. Also I should mention that Eduardo kept coming past us during the mass to go pee and smoke. How disrespectful during a mass, unless he's an atheist or doesn't care. I didn't say anything, he's nasty and besides..I never liked him. I don't think he's that cute, he can't sing...and now him being so gross just adds to it.


So finally, Bibi and the other guera ranchera Televisa actress that was there, I forget her name, came down. All these people around were trying to take their picture with Bibi, and she was complying. So then I yelled really loud "BIBI!!!!!!" while Joe was holding her LP in the air. She looked at us, smiled....and then after finishing up with who she was talking to, proceeded to walk in our direction, push people out of the way and come talk to us! Here is the pic:

My first thought to seeing her come to us was..."she is sooooo pretty!". I can't even properly describe what a knockout she is! I mean look at her but still, seeing her in person is something else. She looks amazing still and looks flawless. Why she is with that monster, I don't know. So back to the story...she comes up to us and says "hola, tuve que venir porque miré que tenian mi disco!". me and Joe both gave her a kiss on the cheek and I told her "que guapa estas!". Joe was such a sweetie, he was so geeked and excited. He said he has been a fan since he was 15. We asked her if she was going to record another album and she said "quizas en el futuro sí grabo otra vez". I hope she does..with the right style she can be good. Which brings me up to that aspect of her. People really didn't give her a chance back then because she was such a knockout. She actually has a very sweet voice..she sounds alot like Marisela. She and Edith Marquez were the only girls from Timbiriche to possess actual singing skills (sorry Joe, Sasha may be fierce, but let's face facts..). I hate how I came out in that picture, but whatever, it's all about Bibi.

Notice on the pic how she's pointing to her record. She was so nice to us, and I still am geeked at how she made her way and talked only to us. Everyone else she said hello and passed by..but she stopped at us. By the way, she signed the LP :)

8 Comments:

Maybe they were the first Tom and Katie. I hope she does get back to singing, I totally loved her cover of "Blue Lagoon"

Geeked is putting it lightly :) I have never been this happy meeting a celeb. BTW it's "Blue Bayou" :P

Thanks for going w/ me :) XOXO

Of course she had to go you, you must be the only locas in Chicago that have that album! and it's the vinyl edition and everything!

I met Bibi but I can't remember when, must have been when I was working for Reforma (the newspaper) and you are absolutely right, pictures don't do her any justice. She's BEAUTIFUL.

Do you have 'Manzana verde'?

Yes, Manzana Verde is my favourite! I told this to her, hahahaha. I told her "La cancion de "Vas A Llorar"..wow!". Que loca!

I really do hope she comes back to singing and hopefully wise up and get rid of that monster

btw, you two are such a lovely couple!

the only Bibi song I hate is her version of Dos mujeres un camino. Completely pointless, as Laura Leon had already delivered her Mona Lisa, her Sunflowers, her Persistance of time, her crowning masterpiece. Dos muje-e-e-e-e-res...

Awww..thanks sweetie :)

Laura Leon is the Queen of Trash..I love her! But yes, "Dos Mujeres Un Camino" on Bibi's CD stands out like a sore thumb. But I still listen to it.

Nothing beats my two favorites..."Vas A Llorar" and "Ya No Hay Mas". Ace!

I just remembered one Bibi song I would love to have... the original MUÑECOS DE PAPEL song. You know how back then, the telenovela and the radio would play the one with Bibi and Erick Rubin, but because the CD was released through Sony, they were replaced by Alejandro Ibarra and Sasha, and that was the only version available to buy. Damn Sony!
But I do have Alcanzar una estrella II (with the super trashy wannabe rock Yo no quiero dejar de brillar) and Baila conmigo.

Por eso, tomame..amame..

My boo boo has the Fonovisa CD, he's missing the Sony one you're talking about.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense