An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Awful nose jobs

Hey folks, happy tuesday.

Today I was watching Telemundo and Yolanda Del Rio was on. She was a very popular Ranchera/Mariachi singer in the 70's..and was one of the rare exceptions in that genre where an artist singing that style crossed over to the Mexican pop market and sold very well. I believe her and Beatriz Adriana (whom I adore, ex-wife of El Buki) were the rarities. Once the 80's moved in and the genre was once again overshadowed by changing taste in pop music, her career stalled. She has continued recording on dinky labels, so I admire her.

That being said...she looks so gross! Granted she's had the same nose job for years, but I had to comment on how nasty she looked on TV. She looks like she came from Michael Jackson's surgeons office!


look at that awful nose, guackatelas!

On that note, tomorrow I'm going to see PIMPINELA at the HOUSE OF BLUES! Yay! I'm not a huge huge fan, but the concert is free (for me thru work) and I do enjoy their incestuous campiness. For those who don't know them, they're an Argentinean duo consisting of brother and sister Joaquin and Lucía Galán. They have been around since the 80's and all their songs are tango-influenced ballad confections expressing their love and dissapointment in their relationship. So all their songs are bad breakup songs and critiques. See what I mean about incestuous? Hahaha.

3 Comments:

You said "guackatelas"! LOL

I gotsta keep it real, u know..:P

Wow it is such a nice information post by your site. Nose job is getting a so much successful now a days and we can create a more popularity of it.

nose job

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense