An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hell at House of Blues

Buenas thursdays,

Last night we went to see Pimpinela at the House of Blues. Let me start off by narrating the nightmare we had to go through to see them.

First of all we waited there for hours, and my boo boo had come straight from work, so he had his backpack (cuz he can never leave home without his purse). We waited a while before we decided to go in, as they always take forever to start the concert and the doors opened at 7:00 P.M. When we did, they told him "you won't be able to come in with that, you'll have to check it in". We thought, damn, ok well "where do I go?". They directed us to the coatcheck in the HOB Restaurant. So he goes there and they turn him away because their coat check isn't open, so they said they'd have to check it inside the concert venue. Grrrr. So we try to go back and the ugly rude security fuckers were still being dumb. After a while of bitching and having them explain their policy as to why we couldn't bring it in..."It's a new policy, it's a precaution, perhaps after 9/11 that no one can bring a back pack inside". I mean what the fuck, we're guests and we payed to go in (well I got tix for free but still). We are here to see a show and have a good time. If the problem was the backpack, can't they just fucking look inside of it?? Anyway, they told us to go to the HOB Hotel. So then we go there, and they in turn say "We can't check items if you're not staying at the hotel". GODAMN MOTHERFUCKING PIGSHIT LICKERS! After getting all irate, they decided to check in his bag for 5.00. After that point, I was boiling and having a good time was quickly not becoming a possibility. So we go back there and I go in the faces of the ugly buck toothed dyke and fat jambo man and tell them to get their shit straightened out before sending people in every which direction to check in an item. So then in turn, they dyke says "they always say they can't check it in, but they did it anyway". That really annoyed me even more. If this was true, there is no reason to be giving people so much red tape, we're guests here and should not be treated like children. So then I got their badge numbers and made it clear this was not going to go untreated. Fucking pigs. I'm going to have to write an angry letter or make a phone call.

Alright...so after the HELL we went through,, we finally got in. It took a while for me to relax though, I was still very shakey. If I had money, I would have gotten drunk. But I decided not to let anyone ruin this chance of seeing Pimpinela as they never come. Then the concert finally started at 9:20. It was really fun. Joaquin and Lucía know how to put on a good show! Very staged and entertaining. They sang alot of their older shit, it was very cool. Hopefully "Pasión(the radio station)" will continue to support older acts and bring more to Chicago! Omg, if they could only bring Daniela Romo to sing! or Dulce!!! Agh!

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense