An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Friday, December 07, 2007

T.W.B.

I must give a shoutout to my fellow blogger who wrote on this issue a while back but is one I am compelled to discuss today, as it is one that we ALL have dealt with.


I am a person who has been working for almost a decade now and have had a total of 11 full time jobs in the last 7 years. I have worked in quite a variety of places in different fields with different kinds of people. Although things are different and all have their way of working, one thing is constant and that is THE WORKPLACE BITCH.


There is always that one person who "knows it all", who "is the only one that works around here" or "keeps this place going". The self-described model employees who spend their days brown nosing and watching others. These people are so bitter in their own lives that they get their kicks in the workplace. The same ones who probably in school had all the answers and no friends to prove it. I have never been one of these people but I see them all the time.


And what do I do? I DON'T TAKE IT. I try my best to not cause drama but when these people watch me, I educatedly put em on check. Most of the time the people who pertain to this group are people WITH NO POWER. So I kindly remind them "You're such an efficient employee, I wonder why you're here down below with the rest of us? You should be management, but you're not. So please, I know my job as that is what I am being paid for. toodles!".

I avoid these people and most of the time don't ever take their shit. And most importantly I have learned not to take things personally as I can identify these folks immediately and know what to say and how to. I don't fall into their traps as when you do they think they can boss you around or even worse come by you even more!

SPANISH WORD FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Today's word is "FASTIDIAR"
And it means "to annoy"

"Ese tipo me fastidia"="That guy annoys me"

1 Comments:

Oh wow. I don't think I have ever gotten a shout out on your blog. I feel honored.

I finally have no Workplace Bitch to deal with. She works the opposite shift!

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense