An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Must..have..java!

Howdy folks!


Today's rant shall be one of my favourite topics: coffee.



Many people dislike it, many people live for it. Some think it's delicious, some dislike it but need the caffeine and some just think it's the grossest thing that's edible. I for one love it.

My history with coffee came when I was 10 years old. Every SATURDAY morning, my parents would drink it either at breakfast or when we were out, at McDonald's. As I previously stated, we used to go looking for garage sales like Lindsay seeks coke. I remember my curiosity so I tried it. And I didn't think it was bad, but I sugared the fuck out of it. I didn't drink it regularly but still, it was there. Not like I stunted my growth (I'm pretty tall, specially for a Messikin).

However, it wasn't until I finally landed a 9-5PM position in downtown Chicago (at the age of 20) that I finally joined the zombie ranks of the morning commuters and started drinking it. I would drink ONE cup a day. I tried Starbucks and thought it was so gross! It wasn't until I tried coffee ANYWHERE else that I realized it wasn't so bad and that the drink wasn't intended to taste like boiled dog turds (don't get me started on Starbucks...)lol!

Even then, I only drank it when I worked. Gradually I started incorporating it into my everyday life and I started trying different forms until I found my favourite way to drink it. Black, one spoonful of sugar and just 2 drips of milk. I have one cup in the morning and one in the late afternoon and that is it.

So, my question is...how much is too much coffee to drink in one day?? Working at cafeterias I can assure you that there are people who devour more coffee in one day than regular water. I for one drink plenty of water in a day (and in turn with coffee result in peepee breaks every 40 minutes). I'm very aware of the effects on coffee, the most obvious being the teeth staining aspect and I try my best to not drink too much and too much sugar on it.

But some people think I drink too much. Is that so?

Oh well, we must probe this issue!

SPANISH WORD FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Today's word is "ZARANDEO (zarr on DAY oh)"
And it means "a shake (as in a person)"

"No respondió hasta que le di un buen zarandeo=He didn't respond until I have him a good shake"

1 Comments:

Thank for the comment on my puppies :-) you never know... i might need to let go another one :-) XOXOX

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense