An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

M. Night Shyamalan

I just saw "The Village". Don't know what made me rent this movie, but I chose to rent it because I've seen all his other work and was curious about this one. All his movies have similiar themes and a big twist.


WHAT THE FUCK was this movie about???? So a bunch of crazy Amish people were fooling their community into thinking they're in 1892????? It was so unplausible. Anyone else seen this? I'm not sure what Shyamalan was thinking with this...but what a snoozefest.

Now that I'm on the topic of M. Night Shyamalan, I'm convinced that the poor guy always wanted to be an actor as opposed to directing but figured that the Hollywood machine would never take an Indian-American person seriously as an actor but moreso a character so he opted to create films. I say that because he always gives himself roles in his movies and I always see this glimmer in his eyes, like he's so happy to be playing someone who isn't just an ethnicity. In "Sixth Sense" he was a doctor (ok, so that is a stereotype), in "Signs", he was the local who drunk drove and killed Mel Gibson's wife and in this aforementioned "Village", he was the Head Deputy of the Wildlife Reserve. Cute by all means, I'm very proud of his accomplishments, especially at such a young age. He's become a respected director and that's awesome.


He's really cute too..at least I think so. I'd love to tuck him in at night. But he has an equally goegeous wife. Oh well

4 Comments:

I think I have said this before, but I generally stay away from this mainstream "horror" films because they are always crap. It's as if a horror film can't be credible if it doesn't have some sort of non-scary boring twist.

It had me saying WTF at the end. Then I was pissed.

I fell asleep watching this...

OMG. The Village is NOT a horror film! It's a psychological thriller, and a commentary on freedom in our modern world. It's in line with movies like The Beach, which are commentaries on contemporary life, and how simple minded, utopian ideals are flawed.

Oy vey... But you're not the only one's who reacted this way to that movie. Several people I've spoken with thought this movie was dumb, boring, etc....

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense