An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Monday, October 17, 2005

Texas boys and older broads

I'm sure this is the 3rd blog you're going to be reading about this, but whatever, bear with me, fuckers! This weekend has been a total unexpected blast. I had alot of fun. I must say that it's been a real pleasant surprise. I already had a plan of seeing FANGORIA in concert, as my boo boo is a big fan of Alaska and I like them as well, obviously not nearly enough as him. So the fun begins on Saturday, where Sara Valenzuela, Fangoria's opening act and former lead singer of Mexican rock band La Dosis, was doing an in-store performance at Tower Records.
That was alot of fun and I did not expect Sara to be so upbeat and fun! She reminded me a bit of Jamiroquai at times. She was great. So then my Sunday morning began with a trek to RadioRTE, the low power radio station that brought Fangoria to Chicago, yay!!!! Alaska and the band were there and many of her starchasing fans were outside waiting for autographs and pics. It was a nice surprise because they actually let people come in to the studio after she was done with her interview! So that was cool. I didn't get to say much to Alaska as I was being rushed. Here's a pic of Mr. E, Chicago's Sexbox, me and Joe "bomitoni"

The concert..well I'm sure u have read on Eddie's and Joe's blogs already, so I won't need to retype details here. If you haven't, just click on their names to read their blogs. All I'll say is that Alaska and her band know hot to put on a show. The band was funky as all hell and Alaska looked like she was having alot of fun. AND SHE SUNG "A QUIEN LE IMPORTA?"!!! How cool was that?! I had alot of fun, and it was nice meeting alot of people there. Shout outs to Alex, his friend Mauro...Pedro and Lalo from Texas..You guys are all fierce! Lalo, we'll have to have a Daniela Romo throwdown next time you're in Chicago.

3 Comments:

there's never too much alaska :)

I hope your new Texan friends didn't hear you talking smack about Alaska at the radio station! But at least you repented! lol

Actually...the one dude Lalo, whom Joe knew..asked me if I liked JEANETTE, a singer who became famous in Spain in the 70's..but is actually British (?) and sang in Spanish with an accent. She is not a good singer at all, so I told him "Ay no...no tiene nada de voz! Es peor que Alaska!" He said "ouch!" Come on, it's the truth though..

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense