An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Mexican Directors

You know alot has been said about Mexican movies this decade. And very good things may I add! I think its fantastic that Mexico had an artistic rennaisance this decade and has some international recognition as well! Not that it hasn't before, but it just seems more prominent and relevant. No other Mexican film has ever been nominated for so many Oscars as, for example, "Y tu Mama Tambien", "Amores Perros" and quite recently "Pan's Labyrinth" and Mexican-produced "Babel".

However, looking behind the camera...we'll find that these directors are actually rather cute! I've never seen them before, but they're adorable!

Alfonso Cuarón (Y Tu Mama Tambien, Children Of Men..directed Harry Potter as well)


Check out that salt 'n' pepper hair! Sessy!

Alejandro Gonzalez Iñarritu (Amores Perros, 21 Grams, Babel)



Who would have thought such cutie pies were always behind the camera on these great pieces of art! :) They should make cameos :)

So on that topic, let me just say I have not seen "Babel" or "Children of Men", but both seem to have great plots that I will probably like. Especially "Babel", I love fucked up movies about human misery. And "Children of Men", who wouldn't want to live in a world where birthing was illegal!! No more kids!!

2 Comments:

Oh my GOD Babel was awesome. You'll enjoy it.

babel was the good version of crash. (rather what crash tried to be but failed miserably) im sure that your ADD wont let you watch it though cause it drags on. and on. decent movie though.

and children of men was good, it was more misery- filled than babel so im sure youll enjoy that. hahahah.

Post a Comment

Home >>

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense