An Honorary Spanish Diva, I am

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Dying without a goodbye

I think one of the saddest things is to die without saying your goodbies. An untimely death is unfortunate enough but to never get the chance to tell that person you love that the time you had together was priceless is just sad.

The whole business with that poor 5 year old girl who died after being sedated at the dentists office in Little Village (neighborhood in Chicago) just gets to me. Imagine her poor mother, simply taken her little girl for a routine check up, never knowing that was the last time she would see her alive. That's just messed up. I don't think I'm strong enough to ever survive a blow to my heart like that.

That's why I always try to make it a habit of hugging and telling the people I love that I love them. Call me morbid...but ever since a very young age, I have been prepared to die. I know it mortified my mother back in the day when I would constantly say "If I'm still living" and it bothers Joe, my boo boo, alot. Part of it stemmed from my deppression but even know that I am happier than before, I am concsious that life is all but a moment. We're all part of God and our life isn't worth more than others yet at any moment it could all end. When you leave for work or anytime you're out something could come up. Why something could happen to me right now even in the comfort of my own home to kill me.

So much for sad thoughts though.

Copyright © 2006 Designed by FinalSense